Closed requested to merge dependabot/bundler/pg-1.3.1 into master
Bumps pg from 0.21.0 to 1.3.1.
Sourced from pg's changelog.
== v1.3.1 [YYYY-MM-DD] Michael Granger ged@FaerieMUD.org
- Fix wrong handling of socket writability on Windows introduced in #417. This caused starvation in conn.put_copy_data.
- Fix error in PG.version_string(true). #419
- Fix a regression in pg 1.3.0 where Ruby 2.x busy-looping any fractional seconds for every wait. #420
- Raise an error when conn.copy_data is used in nonblocking mode.
== v1.3.0 [2022-01-20] Michael Granger ged@FaerieMUD.org
- Print some install help if libpq wasn't found. #396 This should help to pick the necessary package without googling.
- Update Windows fat binary gem to OpenSSL-1.1.1m and PostgreSQL-14.1.
- Add binary Windows gems for Ruby 3.0 and 3.1.
- Make the library path of libpq available in ruby as PG::POSTGRESQL_LIB_PATH and add it to the search paths on Windows similar to +rpath+ on Unix systems. #373
- Fall back to pkg-config if pg_config is not found. #380
- Add option to extconf.rb to disable nogvl-wrapping of libpq functions. All methods (except PG::Connection.ping) are nonblocking now, so that GVL unlock is in theory no longer necessary. However it can have some advantage in concurrency, so that GVL unlock is still enabled by default. Use:
- gem inst pg -- --disable-gvl-unlock
- Add full compatibility to Fiber.scheduler introduced in Ruby-3.0. #397
- Add async_connect and async_send methods and add specific specs for Fiber.scheduler #342
- Add async_get_result and async_get_last_result
- Add async_get_copy_data
- Implement async_put_copy_data/async_put_copy_end
- Implement async_reset method using the nonblocking libpq API
- Add async_set_client_encoding which is compatible to scheduler
- Add async_cancel as a nonblocking version of conn#cancel
- Add async_encrypt_password
- Run Connection.ping in a second thread.
- Make discard_results scheduler friendly
- Do all socket waiting through the conn.socket_io object.
- Avoid PG.connect blocking while address resolution by automatically providing the +hostaddr+ parameter.
- On Windows Fiber.scheduler support requires Ruby-3.1+. It is also only partly usable since may ruby IO methods are not yet scheduler aware on Windows.
- Add support for pipeline mode of PostgreSQL-14. #401
- Allow specification of multiple hosts in PostgreSQL URI. #387
- Add new method conn.backend_key - used to implement our own cancel method.
Type cast enhancements:
6c436bdUpdate History.rdoc for #420
300e94eMerge pull request #420 from ennova/ruby-2-wait-cpu
20bab5eFix high CPU usage when waiting with a timeout on Ruby < 3.0
28a3bf7Prepare History.rdoc for pg-1.3.1
7844548Fix error PG.version_string(true)
0232b28Retry occasional failing test
8a25ca4Fix wrong handling of socket writability on Windows
22e91a3Add a new test for COPY'ing lots of data to the server
84aca71Bump VERSION to 1.3.1
8e8dd31Raise an error when #copy_data is used in nonblocking mode
- Additional commits viewable in compare view