Closed requested to merge dependabot/bundler/devise-4.8.0 into master
Bumps devise from 4.4.3 to 4.8.0.
Sourced from devise's changelog.
4.8.0 - 2021-04-29
- Devise now enables the upgrade of OmniAuth 2+. Previously Devise would raise an error if you'd try to upgrade. Please note that OmniAuth 2 is considered a security upgrade and recommended to everyone. You can read more about the details (and possible necessary changes to your app as part of the upgrade) in their release notes. Devise's OmniAuth Overview wiki was also updated to cover OmniAuth 2.0 requirements.
- Note that the upgrade required Devise shared links that initiate the OmniAuth flow to be changed to
method: :post, which is now a requirement for OmniAuth, part of the security improvement. If you have copied and customized the Devise shared links partial to your app, or if you have other links in your app that initiate the OmniAuth flow, they will have to be updated to use
method: :post, or changed to use buttons (e.g.
button_to) to work with OmniAuth 2. (if you're using links with
method: :post, make sure your app has
jquery-ujsincluded in order for these links to work properly.)
- As part of the OmniAuth 2.0 upgrade you might also need to add the
omniauth-rails_csrf_protectiongem to your app if you don't have it already. (and you don't want to roll your own code to verify requests.) Check the OmniAuth v2 release notes for more info.
Lockable#reset_failed_attempts!model method to reset failed attempts counter to 0 after the user signs in.
- This logic existed inside the lockable warden hook and is triggered automatically after the user signs in. The new model method is an extraction to allow you to override it in the application to implement things like switching to a write database if you're using the new multi-DB infrastructure from Rails for example, similar to how it's already possible with
- Add support for Ruby 3.
- Add support for Rails 6.1.
- Move CI to GitHub Actions.
Devise::Models::Authenticatable::BLACKLIST_FOR_SERIALIZATIONis deprecated in favor of
4.7.3 - 2020-09-20
- bug fixes
- Do not modify
:exceptoption given to
#serializable_hash. (by @dpep)
- Fix thor deprecation when running the devise generator. (by @deivid-rodriguez)
- Fix hanging tests for streaming controllers using Devise. (by @afn)
4.7.2 - 2020-06-10
- Increase default stretches to 12 (by @sergey-alekseev)
- Ruby 2.7 support (kwarg warnings removed)
- Generate scoped views with proper scoped errors partial (by @shobhitic)
- Allow to set scoped
already_authenticatederror messages (by @gurgelrenan)
4.7.1 - 2019-09-06
- bug fixes
- Fix an edge case where records with a blank
confirmation_tokencould be confirmed (by @tegon)
- Fix typo inside
update_needs_confirmationi18n key (by @lslm)
4.7.0 - 2019-08-19
- Support Rails 6.0
- Update CI to rails 6.0.0.beta3 (by @tunnes)
- refactor method name to be more consistent (by @saiqulhaq)
- Fix rails 6.0.rc1 email uniqueness validation deprecation warning (by @Vasfed)
password_confirmationfields (by @ferrl)
- Fix rails_51_and_up? method for Rails 6.rc1 (by @igorkasyanchuk)
5d5636fMerge pull request #5369 from heartcombo/ca-lockable-reset-attempts
a3ae35eCreate a model hook around the lockable warden hook to reset attempts
e8e0c27Revert "Lock bundler to 2.2.9 instead of latest"
ef9a2f4Use minitest helpers to check if objects respond to certain methods
0cd72a5Merge pull request #5347 from heartcombo/ca-build
1ba53dcLock bundler to 2.2.9 instead of latest
faef12cUse the 6-0-stable version of Rails to fix issue with JSON responses
- Additional commits viewable in compare view